" Marine Comfort Quilts "
Marine Comfort Quilts is an organization that attempts to bring comfort to the families of soldiers that have died in service to their country. Marine Comfort Quilts uses the following guidelines for collecting and managing personal information. If you have questions about Marine Comfort Quilts’s guidelines, please use the contact form to correspond with us.
What Marine Comfort Quilts’s Guidelines Cover:
* Personal information is information that identifies a person, such as their name, address, or email address, that is not otherwise publicly available.
- How Marine Comfort Quilts handles personal information* it receives, both on and off the Internet;
- What information Marine Comfort Quilts collects and how it collects it;
- What you can do to control the information about you that Marine Comfort Quilts collected, including certain changes you can make to that information; and
- How Marine Comfort Quilts protects information it collects from misuse.
General Guidelines For Information Collection and Use
Marine Comfort Quilts collects and compiles statistical information about all visitors to our web site, even if they haven't registered. The information used to compile statistics is passed from a visitor’s computer to our server each time a page is requested. This statistical information is logged and provides long-term usage data and trends that help Marine Comfort Quilts allocate resources and better meet demands during peak usage. This information is not linked to the end user and is not considered personal information. The information collected includes:
1) the type and version of your Operating System and Web Browser;
2) your computer's IP address;
3) the date and time of your visit;
4) what page you visited; and
5) what page you came from.
When you register with Marine Comfort Quilts, you are no longer anonymous. Your registration information is used to deliver Marine Comfort Quilts to the designated family. Marine Comfort Quilts only lists any derived statistics in the aggregate (total number of quilts delivered, total casualty count, etc., never personally identifying information).
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Other than the following instances, Marine Comfort Quilts does not rent, sell or share personal information about you with any other person(s) or organization(s):
- - Marine Comfort Quilts may share your information with the service providers (quilt maker) in order to provide the quilt you registered to receive. For example, your name and address may be provided to the quilt maker so they can personally deliver or ship you the quilt.
- - When the law requires Marine Comfort Quilts to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, Marine Comfort Quilts will provide the information needed to obey the law. Marine Comfort Quilts also may provide information in order to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- - Marine Comfort Quilts may share your information with other patriotic organizations offering free keepsakes, but ONLY if you have given us explicit permission to do so on the registration form. (added - 10/25/2003)
Marine Comfort Quilts makes every reasonable effort to ensure the security of the data it collects such as encrypted forms delivery and retrieval. However, Marine Comfort Quilts cannot warrant against the disclosure of this information in the event of a security breach or other event beyond our control.
Most browsers allow users to choose not to receive cookies. If you disable cookies on your browser, some pages on our site may not work correctly (or at all!), or some features may be disabled.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information
You can edit your Marine Comfort Quilts information at any time by using the contact form and providing your changes/deletions accordingly.
Marine Comfort Quilts reserves the right to send important announcements or notices to all registered users without extending an opportunity to opt-out of such notices.
Marine Comfort Quilts reserves the right to maintain archival copies of contact data of our registrants. The primary purpose of this archive is to prevent accidentally re-adding you to our service if you have requested not to receive our services. Concerns about this archival copy may be addressed via the contact form.
Confidentiality and Security
Marine Comfort Quilts limits access to your personal information to the Marine Comfort Quilts volunteers who have a need to come into contact with that information for the purpose of providing a quilt to you. Your personal information is password protected and, in some cases, encrypted for additional protection.
Changes to this Policy
1) emailing your primary e-mail address registered with us, or
2) prominently displaying a notice on our website.
Marine Comfort Quilts
Updated: October 25, 2003; bullet 3 added under "Information Sharing and Disclosure".
Click the "X" in the upper right of this page to close this window.